6.25.2011

Rip it....Rip it....

Well, I've become desperate for the yarn to complete my shrug. I'm down to my very last ball of yarn, so I've resorted to more desperate measures....ripping out yarn from one of my many abandoned WIPs. It was a crocheted heart and diamonds throw. I was making it for Christine and I's place....but needless to say, that won't be needed anymore. I'm hoping that ripping out the silver yarn that I need will prove to be therapeutic...but so far it's making me sad. I don't really want to rip out the yarn. I wanted to complete the afghan one day for our place....but I guess now that we're not living together I would rather have a shrug. The afghan is blue and grey. I'm not sure if I'm going to rip out the blue yarn yet. I guess I might as well. It's a really pretty dark navy blue. I'm sure I've find something that I will want to knit with it. Maybe I'll make my dad a nice sweater for Christmas with it. :) The good news is that I have about three or four skeins of the blue yarn left. Anyway, I'm almost done with the shrug. I guess ya'll are wondering why I didn't go ahead and just buy the grey yarn that I need. Well, first of all I got the yarn from Hobby Lobby, which is about 30 minutes away, in Anderson, and I don't drive. So I would have to wait on someone to want to take me there. Yes, I know that Hobby Lobby is also online, but it costs five dollars just for shipping. And I only need like one skein of yarn which is 3.99, less than the fucking cost for shipping. On top of that, I only have eleven dollars to my name right now, and I need to send my ex's mom's shawl out sometime this century. So. If I really need to, I guess I'll order the yarn online, but I'm really trying to avoid that right now. The good news is, though, I only have about 19 rows left for the main part of the piece. After that, I have two inches of ribbing to do for the cuffs, then I have to make another lacy border. Then I have to sew all that shit together. So, I'm hoping that the yarn that I'm ripping out is at least a skein or two. Two would be optimal, just to be on the safe side. Anyway, I'm gonna off here now and smoke me a cigarette. My head hurts. Aaaaaaand I'm gonna post some pics on here for ya'll in a few. I need to log into my other gmail account to do that....so back in a few!!! :)

No comments: