2.04.2011

Well, we're still at Christine's Mom's house. There's really no telling how long we're going to be here. Christine's car simply CANNOT handle snow. It snowed more today. We were supposed to go to the apartment to check on the kitties and Maya. I didn't get to go because someone needed to stay here with the dogs in case they got stuck out there. See, we're in Broken Arrow. The roads, from what I understand, are fine here. However, in Tulsa, where we live, the roads are fucked up. In Tulsa, they haven't gotten any of the snow up from the last time it snowed, let alone this snow. So the driving is pretty dangerous out there. From what I understand, people had abandoned their cars. So, they were afraid that they would get stuck. They weren't even able to make it to the airport to take Zac, Christine's brother. I was kinda disappointed that I didn't get to go see the kitties. I had been excited since last night. The plan was that they would drop us off on the way to take Zac to the airport, and then Christine's Mom would come get us when she was done. I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to see my kitties, and get some much needed affection from my love. But it didn't happen, so I was pretty upset.
Anyway. I guess that probably sounds kinda selfish, but it's just the way that I feel....But, they went to the store and brought me home Subway, which was really nice. Christine's Mom also got me "cabin fever presents", which was incredibly sweet of her. She got me yarn, and one of those I taught myself knitting kits. Which is totally cool, because the kits come with stitch markers, yarn needles, a stitch holder, two sets of needles, a gauge checker/needle size checker thingy, point protectors, and a stitch counter. She also got me some gloves. She also got me some really pretty yarn. It's in a bunch of different shades of pink. Very pretty. She says that she wants me to make something for myself. I'm making a scarf with it. I'm doing it with a border of ribbing, and stockinette stitch as a background. I dunno, I'm just kinda playing around with it. I don't really care how it turns out, I just want to experiment.
My sock has gotten much bigger. I'm on the gusset. Just plain knitting now. After that I'll just have the toes to do. At some point, I would really like to try two at a time socks. I found some really pretty sock yarn on knitpicks that I would like to make Christine some socks with. It's Chroma Fingering Sock Yarn. I LOVE all of the colors. So freakin pretty. But I'm thinking for Christine, I'm going to use Roller Skate.
In other news, my Mom is letting me get one of those electric cigarettes. I've been struggling hard to quit smoking, and I figure that this is the best alternative to smoking. You get the nicotine without the smoke, pretty much. You can smoke it anywhere, which is awesome. I really can't wait to try it out.
Anyway, that's about it for now.

No comments: