1.26.2011

My Kids are Giving me a Headache

God knows I love them. But really. They are. I just got done taking everyone outside. Then I had to go clean the mess in the bathroom. That was fun. There were torn up puppy pads everywhere. And I mean, when I say torn up, I mean they were like in SHREDS. To make it even more fun, there was piss and shit everywhere. Now everyone keeps getting into everything that they shouldn't. Like the trash. Or bugging the Poor Valley.
All I want is to sit and knit in solitude for a good....I dunno maybe an hour or two. I want to have to sit and have nothing to think about other than where I'm at in my pattern. If I start knitting right now, I can't just have my happy little knitting solitude. I'll have to worry about stopping in the middle of my work to stop somebody from getting into something. *sighs*
In about a half hour it's nap time for my children. It will not come soon enough, I'm telling you.
In other news, last night's dinner went pretty good....well other than the Alfredo noodles not cooking properly. I don't understand what I did wrong. I let the noodles cook for twelve minutes just like the box told me. I guess next time I need to let them cook longer.
My appetizers almost caught on fire. They had been in the oven on broil for all of two minutes, and apparently they gotten all smokey. I think there's something wrong with our damn broiler, because the last time I used the broiler, the texas toast caught on fire. And they had only been in there like 2 minutes. Anyway, since my broiler was acting a fool, I went ahead and just set the oven to 450. They turned out just as good that way. Ben decided that they smelled good or something, because he stole one right off the little plate that I had put them on for Christine. Christine said he didn't even chew.
The cherry-o cheese pie turned out really good. Actually I'm fixin to go grab a slice for my breakfast. tee-hee. And I'm thinking that now it's time for my little ones to take a nap, because everyone is acting kinda tired, and I don't want anyone stealing my cheese pie.
I'll post some pics when I finally get the second square done and sewn to the first one, which I really do think should be today, because I don't have much left to do. I'll talk to you guys later!! : )

No comments: