1.25.2011

A bunch of stuff.

I still haven't managed to get my second square done. *sigh* I wasn't really in much of a knitting mood yesterday. I know weird. But I did get a little bit done on it. I'm hoping to get it done tonight while Christine is at the gym. I enjoy my alone time at the house, because I get to have *ME* time. : )
Yesterday we got food stamps. They gave us $200 to last til the end of the month, which worked fine for us. Needless to say, we went shopping. Christine kept getting worried that we went over our budget. She always does that. But, we didn't. We got some meat. And some things for meals. : ) But we mainly got snacky items, because that's what we were mainly short on. We got two boxes of family size Cheez-it's. One for each of us lol. We are Cheez-it's addicts in this house. Especially me. And, sadly, I've managed to get Gia addicted to them too. She actually knows what the box looks like. It's crazy lol.
Tonight for din-din, I'm thinking that I'm gonna make some chicken Alfredo. I'm also gonna make some chestnut bacon wraps for h'orderves. Here's the recipe for them, if you care to try it:

Can of Water Chestnuts
Bacon
Dill
Worcestershire Sauce
Lime or Lemon Juice.

You just combine the dill, Worcestershire sauce lime or lemon juice and let them soak for about fifteen minutes. Then you wrap the water chestnuts in the bacon and stick a toothpick in them. Then, you just stick them in the oven on broil. Pretty easy huh?

I'm also gonna make Cherry-O Cheese Pie. Here's the recipe. That's pretty much my plans for this evening. I'm really wishing that I had some nicotine lozenges. I'm trying to quit smoking, and it my head hurts SO damn bad. : (

Oh, I forgot to tell ya'll that I had an interview with Aflac today. Didn't go so well. Not because of anything that I did wrong though. It's just, the dude realized that we're needing the money now. In order to become a sales agent, you have to get your license. That costs $400. Then he was saying that it takes six to seven months even to get really started. He was a really sweet guy though, and I seriously appreciated his honesty.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. It's about nap time for my kids. It smells like someone pooped. AWESOME! *eyeroll* Talk to ya'll later.

No comments: