1.24.2011

I managed to get a square done....and other ramblings/bitchings.

I finally finished the first square to the Sculptured Block Afghan.
Here's a pic...
ooooooh...ahhhhh....isn't it lovely? I got to anxious to take pics for on the blog, kh, and ravelry. I like the way it's turning out so far. It looks a lot like what my Grandma Dix had made....except green lol.
Well I'm still feeling like crap. Except apparently it isn't due to being robbed. Because Christine woke up this morning feeling like crap too. The thing is, there's nothing particularly wrong. You just feel tired and achy and get those annoying fever chills and the sweats. Last night I woke up at like 3:30 and didn't really get back to sleep until somewhere around 8. I just laid there for the first two hours. Finally I got bored with that, and went and got myself a glass of milk and went to play this puzzle game on my Nintendo DS. And of course the damn DS was dying right when I turned it on. And OF COURSE I didn't know where the hell the charger was. And I didn't want to wake Christine up looking for it. God knows she has issues enough sleeping without my help. So anyway, that kept me entertained for all of twenty minutes. Then I just laid there some more.
Ben wanted me to get up around 8:30. He cries and cries and cries and cries and cries some more until he either finally gives up on one of us getting up, or one of us(usually me) finally gives in and gets up. This was not one of those mornings. As mean as it sounds, I kept yelling at him "Ben stop". Finally he shut-up....maybe around 9ish? I dunno. All I really know is that after 3:00 am, what sleep I did get, wasn't a very heavy sleep. I finally "officially" gave up on getting any real sleep around 11 because the kids had been all having a heart attack for a half hour. I tried to wake Christine up but she wasn't having it. She got up about five minutes after I did.
Other than the lack of sleep, and us both feeling like crap, the only things we've been really doing today is watching movies, playing on our computers, and groaning in pain. Oh, and of course I've been knitting. :)
I did manage to get a shitload of cleaning done yesterday, because Christine had gotten onto me about it. And she knows that I've been sick for the past couple of days. But anyway, she left for a few hours, and I cleaned. And I'm pretty proud of myself. I managed to get the kitchen clean, the litter boxes clean, and the bathroom clean. I also did a lot of knitpicky shit like cleaning out the fridge, cleaning off the top of the fridge, mopping(bleh), and sweeping(double bleh).
I've been hand washing the dishes recently because out fucking dishwasher is broke. Just like everything else in our apartment. We also have a hole in our ceiling, a broken garbage disposal(resulting in a constantly clogged sink), and something is wrong with our heat and hot water heater. But anyway. Back to my point. Doing the dishes in this sink is a pain in the ass, because this isn't a sink that has two sides. Oh no! That would be far to fancy for Bristol Park....no we pretty much have a hole in the counter where the sink goes, and a sink with ONE side. Woo-hoo! *eyeroll*
Anyway. I guess that's about all I have to say for today.

No comments: