1.21.2011

The past few days events....

So, it's been an interesting past couple of days. I guess you'd call it that anyway. The other day I started working on a blanket my Great Grandma Dix had made. She actually made two of them. Anyway, I always admired that blankets, and I always wanted to learn how to make them. I've been searching for the pattern for about the past three years now. So, with the help from some of the wonderful people on knittinghelp, I finally found the pattern. The pattern is called Sculptured Block Afghan. It's vintage, so sometimes it's kinda hard to follow. But, once again, I have been getting help from the fine folks on knittinghelp. I'm hoping to get my first square done sometime this year lol. Anyway, once I finally get one done, I will post a pic. I'll post a pic of the yarn that I'm using here in a little while. It's a really pretty dark green color from Hobby Lobby. It's I Love This Yarn! I actually do love this yarn, since it is so soft, and knits so smoothly. I'm using my knitpicks options with it, so it makes the knitting that much smoother. I loves it. : )
Yesterday, we got a snow storm. I'd say we probably got a good three or four inches. It was quite pretty to wake up to. I opened up our blinds, like I do every morning, to see what the temperature is and get a look at what kind of weather I will be facing when I'm taking the dogs outside. And of course, I always like to try to get as much natural light that I can into the apartment, to save on electricity, and of course because natural light is just SO much better than a lamp. Anyway, I took the dogs outside and froze my big old ass off. I wasn't using my God given brain and went out in my pjs, some converse sneakers(pink ones : ) ) and a good winter jacket. I didn't even have socks on. Yeah, I'm special lol. So I took everyone outside. Ben and Gia were thrilled about the snow. Ben kept running around and playing in it. Aurora wasn't too thrilled about it because her fur is so short. She was freezing her poor little butt off. So I carried her in so I could keep her as warm as I could in my arms.
The roads were icy and icky yesterday, and we needed essentials like toilet paper, tampons(joy of joys, I got my period yesterday), and puppy pads. We've been keeping Aurora and Katrina in the bathroom at night and during nap time, because neither of them are potty trained yet. So, anyway, I decided that I would walk my happy ass to the store. Well I got up to the store, and I was just getting ready to text Christine to let her know that I made it up there safely. I was right outside the store. Maybe ten to twenty feet from the door. I don't know, I never really was all that great about measuring distances. So, anyway, I was just getting ready to text her, and thinking about the crap that I had to get at the store, when all of a sudden some thug jumps out of a blue SUV and says "Give me your purse bitch!". He had a knife. I looked towards the door of the store, trying to figure out if I could run into the store without getting hurt. I didn't think that I could get away from him fast enough. I wanted to tell him Fuck No, you're not getting my purse. But, I was afraid of making him mad, and God only knows what he would've done to me if I did. So I gave him my purse, and this pink bag that I had brought along to carry the crap that I was planning on buying. My purse contained my id, social security card, and debit card. So anyway, a security guard had come outside right when this shit was happening. The guy got into the car, and the driver sped off. The SUV spun around on the ice, which I thought was quite funny. I mean shit, serves the bastard right for robbing me. So anyway, the security guard went running off after the SUV and got their plate number. Unfortunately, the dumb ass didn't throw my purse back out. But oh well. I called Christine and told her what had happened. I was pretty badly shaken up. I've never been robbed before. After I got off the phone with Christine, I went inside and explained to the security guard and the store managers or whatever what had happened. Then I called 911. I thought that the security guard was supposed to do that, but whatever. She was really nice and all, and she did a great job going after the car the way she did. So I can't be mad at her for that. So, I called 911 and explained to them what happened. Sometime while I was on the phone with the dispatcher, Christine had gotten to the store. God, I was SO incredibly glad to see her. She makes me feel so safe, and she makes me feel better. But anyway, while I was still on the phone with the dispatcher, the po-po got there. And I had to explain to them what had happened. The thing that sucked was, everyone was asking me all of these damn questions, and I was still in shock, and trying to process everything that had happened. And I was trying to remember everything that I possibly could, but it was hard you know?
Anyway, when we finally got home, I called the bank and got them to put a hold on my debit card. Then I called my Mom and let her know what all had happened. I didn't really cry or anything until later when Christine was playing her music in the bedroom. I guess I didn't really want her to see how badly it had shaken me up, and I had just been trying to not think about it all for most of the day. But finally I thought about everything. I kept thinking, was there anything that I could have done better? Could I have managed to run? Would it have been worth the risk? Should I have screamed? Would he have stabbed me? I should have had the damn pepper spray that Christine had gotten me. If I had just had it in my hand, I could have sprayed it in his eyes and ran into the store. I know what's done is done, and you can't take away what happened, but this is the crap that keeps running through my mind. I was so damn tired when we got home yesterday. I guess the stress of the events just wore me out. I was all cold and achy. I'm still achy today.
Today, I contacted the credit thingy(that's a technical term, by the way) and had them put a 90 day watch or something like that on my social security number. I also managed to find my id number so I was able to order a new GA state ID online, which thrilled me. SO, now all I have left to do is go up to the Social Security office and get a new Social Security card, when I got my GA ID back. They're sending it to my parents house, so my Mom will have to send it to me. But I don't care. At least soon I will be able to prove that I am who I am.
Other than that, I'm fine. Today, we've just been spending the day watching movies and chilling with the animals. The roads are still kinda shitty, so we haven't ventured out. I guess that's all I really have to say for now.

No comments: