1.27.2011

Socks, Tater-Tot Casserole, and a somewhat Job for Christine

I started knitting socks today. I got mad at the square that I'm knitting. We're currently not on speaking terms. Well, it's my own fault. I had to rip out some stitches, because I managed to forget to yo on one of the rows. Whoops. So I ripped back, and in the process of ripping, I managed to drop a couple of stitches. So I had to rip back even further than where I had intended whoops. So I lost track of things. And now, I'm on the very last part of the square, and my decreasing is off, so naturally I'm just frustrated. So, I'm taking a little break.
So, yeah, I'm knitting socks. I had founds DPNS on Wal-Mart last night. I have NEVER seen them at Wal-Mart before, so you can imagine my excitement. AND they actually had the size that I needed for the socks. So, I bought those and started on my socks today. I ripped it out on the first try, because my ribbing didn't seem right. So, I started over. I just got done with my first row. Whenever I get done with my ribbing, I'll post a pic. I'm using this stuff. It's coming out really pretty, from what I can tell.....of my first row of knitting...lol. I have big feet, so I figured stretchyness might come in handy for socks. I dunno. I don't know anything about knitting socks, so this is kinda a trial and error run. Apparently knitting socks it supposed to be wonderful....like the ultimate knitting things, but I don't know yet. I'm still trying to get back used to using dpns, so we shall see. I have crocheted socks before. Have I mentioned that? I can't remember. Anyway, I made Christine two pairs of socks. One in sport weight in this blue kinda color. And then another in worsted weight in purple, as an experiment. I wanted to see which she preferred. If maybe a certain one breathed better, or kept her feet warmer, but she had no opinion lol. Oh well. I tried.
Moving on....hmmmmm....oh, Christine did manage to get some work at a restaurant that we visit frequently. I have no idea what she's going to be doing there. I would guess either wash dishes or wait tables. She hasn't gotten home yet, so I'll post tomorrow and tell ya'll how it went. Apparently it's an under the table kinda deal. Which is fine by me, because we need any kinda money we can get right now.
Christine has been working out recently. She's been going back to the gym, and has lost ten pounds!!!! I'm so proud of her! It's not that I think that she needs to lose weight or anything. I honestly love her body the way that it is. She's nice and cuddley. : ) But she's not meant to be big. She's 5'2 and has a very tiny bone structure. Like she's supposed to be in the 100-110 range. And her back and knees and her body in general is constantly bothering her. So she really NEEDS to lose the weight, for her health.
God knows I could probably manage to lose the weight. I just don't have the motivation. I'm ok with my size. And Christine finds me attractive the way that I am, so I really don't see the point. I know that I probably should for health reasons, but I just don't want to. I used to be like super self conscious about my body. I'd go on diets, take pills, go for walks and all that lovelyness. I got down to about 155. But, I gained it all back. Maybe once I have a job and some money, I'll look into joining a gym.
Speaking of a job and money, I really do want to go back to school. I would really love to study web design. I had back in the day, when I first went to college. I kept getting distracted by a girl who shall not be named. All I'll say is, it's the worst relationship that I've ever been in, by far.
But anyway, I suppose I should get something done around my house. I have dishes that need to be done, and my living room needs to be straightened. Yikes! I still have to get dinner ready! I was thinking that I could make tater-tot casserole. In case of none of ya'll have ever had tater-tot casserole, here's the recipe that we use. It's good!!!

1 Can Cream of Chicken
Tater-tots
1 tube Ground Turkey/1 lb ground beef
Onion Powder

De-thaw your meat. In a small casserole dish, put press meat to the bottom of it. Put some onion power on top. Pour cream of chick on top and make sure it's spread on evenly. Then, layer some tater-tots over the meat. You just need one layer. Put in the oven on 350. Cook for about an hour, or until the meat isn't pink. When it's done, sour cream goes GREAT with it! : )

And I just realized that Christine's Mom has our small casserole dish!!! Damn!! Maybe I'll just make some hamburger helper. Oh! Here's another idea. If ya'll are ever looking for a healthier alternative to hamburger meat, try ground turkey. It tastes just as good, I promise! : )

No comments: