1.16.2011

No sleep and other Ramblings.

Well, I've been up about three hours now. I got up 8:30 this morning, and my brain is barely functional. And I've had three cups of coffee lol. Kinda sad huh? See I'm trying to reset my internal alarm clock. I've been having a hard time getting to sleep recently. Sometimes it's because of arthritis pains in my legs. Sometimes it's simply because my brain won't shut off. My brain is constantly going, which gets kinda annoying. I like to think of it as a pinball machine. It just kinda bounces from one subject to another all the time. So if you ever notice that in my writing on here that I get off subject, that's why lol. Oh and then I remember what I was talking about in the first place, and start going on about that. Kinda like now. I was on about my lack of sleep, and now I'm talking about my brain's dysfunctions. Jeez. Anyway.
I knitted some on the palindrome scarf. I had a hard time focusing on in because of my brain's lack of functioning this morning. It's kinda sad when you have a hard time keeping track of knits and purls. *sighs* Oh well. I'm thinking about making my Mom a dishcloth for her birthday, which is coming up on Wednesday. There's this rooster dishcloth that I have been wanting to make her for like ever now, but I haven't been able to, because of that problem that I had for years with lovely Miss Purl. The only thing is, I don't know if I can managed to get that finished in time to send it out to her for her birthday. I'm hoping to buy the yarn for it today and finish it tomorrow. A dishcloth can't take me that long to make, right? Gosh, I hope not. I would really love to make her a handmade gift. I've never done that for her before. And my Mom has done a lot for me. Especially this year. She has helped a lot while Christine and I have struggled with money and such. Plus last year was such kinda a hard year with my Grandpa dying. Oh....I forgot to tell ya'll about that.
Well, I suppose that I should start from the beginning....we lost my Grandma back in 2002. This had a tremendous toll on my Grandpa. My Grandma was the love of his life. They were soul mates. After my Grandma died, Grandpa started to deteriorate. We noticed that he was starting to forget things. One day my Mom called the house to check on him, and he didn't answer the phone. She kept calling and there was still no answer. She called the cops I think it was, to go check on him and he had fallen down and couldn't get up. Soon after that, we discovered that he had Alzheimer's. We, of course, decided that he couldn't live on his own. He moved in with my Aunt Pat after some debate with him. She added an expansion onto his house for him. After a while, my grandfather came to the point where my Aunt could no longer care for him. He had become a handful. We moved him to live into an assisted living facility, but they were not well enough equipped to handle him. So he then moved into a nursing. A really good one though. After about a year or so of living there, he passed away in March. It was hard for us, and in a way, it was something of a relief. We knew that he would be happier now, because he would be in heaven with my Grandma.
So yeah, it's been a really rough year. So, I would like to do something for my Mom, other than just send her a card. So I'm really hoping to get the yarn for the dishcloth and am hoping to be able to complete in time to send it out for her birthday. Anyway, that's all for now...

No comments: