1.17.2011

Random, Random, Random, and oh yeah! More Random

I just woke up about a half hour ago. I'm not feeling quite as groggy as I did yesterday, and I just started on my first cup of coffee. So, I'm taking this as a good sign. :) I didn't really sleep all that great though. I got to sleep ok, but then I kept waking up. Christine was being a blanket hog last night. I'd wake up with barely any blanket lol. I know she was freezing last night, so I really can't be mad at her. Christine seemed like she was sleeping good, which makes me happy. She has really bad insomnia, and hasn't really slept good since July. :( I keep hoping that she'll get a good night sleep.
I got started on the dishcloth for my Mom. I discovered a pretty blue color of cotton in my stash that I think she'll like. I only have about 19 rows left of it, so I'll post some pics on here, knittinghelp, and ravelry for all to see. This is my first knitted dishcloth. I've crocheted dishcloths before, and I love them. They're really excellent for cleaning, and so easy to make! If this one turns out good, maybe I'll make a new one for our kitchen. Actually, I probably should make one of these dishcloths for Christine's Mom, or as I like to call her Mom #2. She also has that odd fascination with roosters, which I really don't understand. I mean what's so great about a rooster? The weird thing is, my Mom's fascination with roosters didn't really even start until we moved down south. Oh yeah. I don't remember if I told ya'll this or not, but I'm originally from New Jersey. My Dad was in the Air Force until I was 14, and we moved to Hartwell, Georgia, to be closer to my grandparents(my mom's parents). We were originally going to move to Anderson, SC, which is about a half hour away from Hartwell, but my Dad couldn't find any jobs there. He found one in Hartwell, so we ended up residing there. We lived with my grandparents from February til May, until my parents found a house to buy. Apparently we got out of there just in the nick of time, because people were starting to get on people's nerves. But anyway, that's the story of how we ended up in Georgia.
Anyway, I figure the dishcloth should take no more than a couple hours to finish up. I wonder if I should go ahead and attempt to make her another one, in time to go in the mail tomorrow....once I make up my mind about that, I want to get Christine's scarf finished, I want to get started on her fingerless gloves. Then I'm going to make a hat to match. :) So my baby will be totally stylin, and not freezing her ass off when we go outside! lol. Once I'm finally done making all this shit, I'm going to attempt to make MYSELF a pair of socks. I've never made socks before, and I never make anything for myself. So I figure, if I make socks, and I mess up on them, they're only for little ole me. Anyway. I suppose I should get to knitting. I will post a pic of good ole Rodney once I'm done. Ta for now. :)

No comments: