10.15.2008

Some ideas

I started another hat yesterday. I'm thinking about trying out some graph paper, to put a design on there. I'm thinking that I'm going to make a star with some yarn overs and knit two togethers. I'm thinking I'm going to make it on the sides, but then again maybe it'd be easier to make it on top? hmmm. Something to think about. The hat is for my brother's gf. I'm making it with a bright yellow worsted weight yarn. There's going to be a lot of yarn left over, so maybe I could incorporate it into another design?
I'm thinking about getting back into crocheting. That's where my obsession with yarn art started. I learned to crochet some when I was maybe nine or ten. But, I only really learned the basic stitches, and I'm not even sure if I was doing those right, lol. I found this site called Next Stitch that has videos on there, showing you how to make the stitches. Kinda like Knitting Help. I swear, I'm sooo addicted to that site. The people there are so friendly. And it's so nice to have other people to talk about knitting to. No one in my family knits. My Mom and Dad used to, but don't anymore. My Mom taught me how to cast on and my Dad taught me the knit stitch and how to bind off. So, I'm pretty much a self taught knitter. I'm pretty proud of myself.

No comments: