9.25.2008

The beret's finally getting some where!

My beret has finally reached the four inch mark! Woo-hoo! I'm in the stockinette part Oof the pattern, and it calls for it to be five inches. The ribbing is an inch. So, my stockinette part is about 3 inches. So, only two more inches for that part to go! Yay! Then I start on my decreasing. I'm really excited, b/c this is my first time making anything beyond a blanket or a scarf. I've actually only completed two projects before. Pretty sad for someone who's been knitting seven years, huh? My problem has always been that all I really knew, up until about a month ago, was the garter stitch. So I'd start a project, just using that stitch, and I'd get bored with it. But now that I know a few more stitches, knitting has become so exciting for me! Oh, and I learned how to knit through the back loop about a week ago, too. That was pretty exciting! I didn't really know what that meant until I watched a video on Crazy Aunt Purl. That's where I got the pattern idea for my beret too. Here's a link to Crazy Aunt Purl: Super-simple fast and easy chunky hand-knit beret if you guys want to try it out. The thing is, I don't have size 11 needles at this point in time, but I do have size 10's(straight needles), so I cast on 60 stitches, instead of 52. Plus, I don't really have any real think yarn yet. I only have worsted weight. Soooooo, this'll be kind of a test try lol. Hopefully it'll come out ok. If not, my birthday is FINALLY almost here, sooo I get to go shopping in almost two weeks! Yay! I have a lot of things I want to get, so I hope I have enough b-day money. But, if not, there's always christmas! :D Anyway, enough of my yacking for now. I'm in need of a cigarette. Oh, and I'll be posting some picks of my FO, and the two that're still in progress. That'll be later today! Later!

No comments: